There are three ways to create a page in GCpedia
- Through the search bar
- Through the address (URL) bar
- Using wiki code
Creating a page using the Search Bar
When you search for a page name using the GCpedia search bar, you will see a list of results which correspond to the key-words you have typed. If the segment you have typed does not correspond exactly to an existing page name, the system will prompt you to create one yourself.
For example, if you were to search "GCpedia Help Documents", and there are no results which match that phrase exactly, the following message will appear:
If you click on the red link within the search results, GCpedia will redirect you to where you can create your page.
Creating a page through a web browser's address (URL) bar
You can create a new page by typing the address (URL) of the page you want to create in the address bar of your web browser.
For example, if you want to create a page titled "GCpedia Help":
- In your address bar of your web browser type the URL of the page you want to create (e. g. see the box below)
- Go to that page by hitting enter, or go, or whatever your browser requires
- You will be prompted to create that page
Creating a page using wiki code
You can also create a new page by using wiki code. On GCpedia you create internal links to pages by using the wiki code [[Example]] (two square brackets on both sides of the page you want to link to)
For example if you want to create a page titled "GCpedia Help":
- On an existing wiki page include [[GCpedia Help]]
- This produces a red link
- Click the red link, which brings you to the page GCpedia Help, which you will then be prompted to create.