Uploading a file
- Log in to GCpedia.
- From the left hand menu under Tools, click Upload file.
- Click Choose File to search your computer for the file that you want to upload.
- Fill out Destination filename (bilingual name is recommended).
- Type in a short, meaningful description of what the file is and/or why it is being uploaded (optional)
Sometimes there will already be a file with the same name as the file you are trying to upload. When this happens, you are presented with a link to the existing file, which you can click to view, and a choice of two options:
- Save File: Clicking this button will overwrite the existing file, so it is highly recommended that you know what the existing file is before doing so.
- Re-upload: Click this button to go back and specify a new name for the file, if you do not wish to overwrite the existing file.
Tips for success
- Make sure you are logged onto GCpedia before you try to upload a file or edit a page.
- Maximum file size for uploading files is 32MB
- Choose a destination filename that is bilingual
- Use a meaningful name for hyperlinking - i.e. use social media presentation rather than click here. This helps keep our content accessible.